About Casa San Joaquin
Located in Manteca, California, Casa San Joaquin is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program that supports adults recovering from a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Casa San Joaquin provides a safe, home-like environment that supports individuals in their recovery. During their stay, individuals participate in highly structured program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and provide the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back in to the community.
Download our brochure (PDF)
Download our brochure (PDF)
What We Treat
Casa San Joaquin specializes in treating the following disorders:
- Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Biopolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Dual Diagnosed Substance Use and Psychiatric Disorders
What Does Casa San Joaquin Have to Offer?
- Short-term intensive mental health treatment (length of stay is flexible and based on medical necessity).
- Private bedrooms in a large, beautiful, 9-bed co-ed facility.
- An expert Treatment Team that consists of Mental Health Clinicians, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers, and a Nurse Practitioner.
- 27/7 Nursing Staff
- Evidence-based treatment practices, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seeking Safety, WRAP, Mindfulness Based Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Comprehensive assessment, psychiatric evaluation, individual, group, and family therapy, and psycho-education.
- Care that focuses on stabilizing clients, reducing their psychiatric symptoms and related conditions (lack of sleep, dietary changes, etc.) and transitioning them into the most appropriate level of care upon discharge.
- An increased understanding of the role of medication, including its therapeutic benefits, side effects, and self-management.
- Discharge planning, including identification and engagement in outpatient treatment and other support services.
Take a Tour of our Facility
Multiple Insurance Carriers Accepted
Accredited Treatment of the Highest Standards
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF International) is an independent, non-profit accreditor of health and human services that only certifies mental health facilities with the highest standards.
Daily Therapy Groups
The Casa San Joaquin team administer's daily group activities using art and psycho educational groups in seven core areas:
- Anger Management
- Thoughts and Feelings
- Family Dynamics
- Coping Skills
Preparing for Treatment
To be eligible for services, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Experiencing a mental health crisis
- Over 18 years of age
- Male, Female, & LGBTQI welcome
- Have a participating insurance plan or self pay. Flexible payment plans are available
- May also have dual diagnosed substance use disorders
- Abstain from drug or alcohol use
- Before Casa San Joaquin can accept a client, they must have a current physical exam completed within the last seven (7) days
Staff here is amazing! I would not hesitate to recommend Casa San Joaquin to a person in need.
Staff was super attentive. Super awesome group of people.
The staff at Casa San Joaquin is awesome! I made it through my crisis because of them! Thank you so much for your help and understanding.
Thank you for helping save my life! Greatly appreciated.
The Need for CRT
Hospitalization can be expensive, unnecessary, and counterproductive to the recovery of individuals with behavioral health issues. Patients frequently need a level of care that is a step down from hospitalization, an environment that is not too restrictive yet has round the clock care by trained professionals. Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) programs reduce unnecessary stays in psychiatric hospitals, act as a stepping stone for individuals transitioning back into the community after hospital discharge, reduce the frequency and expense of emergency room visits, and divert inappropriate incarcerations while producing the same, or improved outcomes compared to those of institutionalized care (Crisis Residential Program Study Report. California Mental Health Planning Council, 2010). Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) operates nearly 20 CRT programs for youth and adults recovering from a psychiatric emergency or behavioral health crisis.
Anka's CRT Model Philosophy
As an alternative to hospitalization, Anka's CRT model provides intensive mental health and behavioral supports with recognized positive treatment outcomes. With an integrated team of professional staff, all clients have access to individual and group therapy, life skills support, and medication evaluation and management. All services are provided in home-like environments and are licensed and certified by state regulatory agencies